Life is not fair, but life is not fair for everyone...which actually makes it fair.

Well hello there! Can you believe the weather this weekend? I was down and out with a migraine and was crashed on the couch when the alarm sirens went off in Sparta. So I dragged my sorry butt down into the basement for an hour. Then I went back up to the couch and stayed there until the sirens went off AGAIN. There weren't any tornadoes but there was a softball tourney going on and the authorities wanted to warn the campers. From what I hear everyone is safe and sound. Whew!
=

=

=
So, let's get this Monday going shall we? Are you a reader? I love to read and have always thought that reading has increased my vocabulary. WRONG! According to this little survey I just took, I have the vocabulary of a 16 year old. Hmpf. See how you do:
Test Your Vocab. It's a research project to measure vocabulary sizes according to age and education. Most adults fall in the range 20,000 - 35,000, with the exact median score being 27,123 words.

A 16-year old huh? So, who wants to go to the Mall and look at boys with me??
=


=


=
Scott and I were shopping at Festival Foods in Holmen yesterday and noticed that they are selling their shopping carts for 10 bucks a piece. I wondered why anyone would want a used shopping cart so I did a little research. Turns out there are a myriad (yes, I'm trying to improve my vocabulary) anyway, a myriad of uses for old shopping carts. From the garden to the campfire...check out these Creative Uses for Old Shopping Carts.
=


=


=
This is pretty cool!! What do you see when you look at this picture? Now according to the experts, if you have good vision you will see Albert Einstein. But if you're a little nearsighted you'll see Marilyn Monroe. Now with my glasses on I see Albert, but when I take off my specs I see Marilyn! And yes, I am nearsighted.


My friend Joanie is just a tad nearsighted so she had to stand further back without her glasses in order to see Marilyn. Too cool!!
=


=
=
What movies make you cry? Researchers searching for the biggest tear-jerker ever looked for triggers that would ethically induce sadness in volunteer test subjects and what movie do you think they found? Well, it took years of studying, but they finally came up with...drumroll please...The Champ. (Cue the argument for Old Yeller.) Here's a list from IMDb of the Saddest Movies Ever. Man, just reading the list and I need a tissue.


=


=


Well then...have a great day ok?

Karen

=

=

=